While we finish up the shooting of the Thunder Dragon that was recently completed, I thought it would be different to provide some work in progress shots of a new experimental project related to our mache pieces. This "miniature" model is much smaller in size and scale and utilizes the clothe mache layers over a core of wire hangers and newspaper covered in masking tape. Here are some shots of this monster at each phase we've completed so far.
Core Construction Phase:
Cloth Skin Phase:
As shown above, the basic shape of this pieces is pretty simple and we've got some glow in the dark clay for the horns, claws, teeth, and eyes. It will be interesting to see how this pieces turns out after we paint it, which will be using the regular techniques of our other papier mache pieces. Updates coming soon as are the pictures of the Thunder Dragon.