I put up a post on DA yesterday announcing the official return to business as usual. I was able to get the new machine up and running over the weekend thanks to some help from my good friend, Flammie. I linked his Geometric Investigations blog in the DA post and you should definitely check it out if you're interested in magnet sculptures. It's neat stuff.
Now that the new build is up and running, the regular content schedule should be stabilized for now. I will still be doing three uploads per week unless the schedule coincides with things like the monthly Monster Hunter circulars. Right now I'm looking at launching a new project by the end of the month and hopefully will have some other interesting updates as well.
Another quick post to follow up on the last one. I've ordered parts for a new computer. This one is going to be mostly a new build with some of the surviving pieces of the old machine. Overall, it should be much more powerful and will allow for faster processing of things like Youtube videos. I'll also hopefully be able to get Twitch running better and can get back to some intial test streams before we launch that project.
In the meantime, I've uploaded three Work in Progress (WIP) shots from my latest dragon trophy project over on DA. Rather than duplicate the narratives here, I'll just link the first one.
These pictures were taking during the construction phase where I put the papier mache bits together with hot glue and a ton of masking tape. I build things out with more paper and tape while adding features reinforced with wire hangers. The next step will be the cloth skin application phase where I add torn bed sheets soaked in white glue over the piece to give it a rigid skin for painting. As I mentioned in one of the posts, I've been trying to capture parts of the process with my camera with plans to cut a high speed time lapse video together. I'm slightly concerned that the footage quality may vary due inconsistent lighting across sessions but I'll look at everything once the project is done. If I'm able to get through the skin phase before I have the new machine up and running, I'll post another update here and on DA.
Thanks for visiting!
This post is going up to mirror a recent post I made over on DA. A couple days ago, my main computer that I use to do my design and video work died. At this point it looks like I won't be able to get it running without replacing several key parts. As a result, I'm looking at building a new machine from scratch. In the meantime, the content I upload on DA and Youtube is going to be halted since I have no way of capturing and editing footage. Right now I'm using a very old spare laptop but it doesn't have the capability for all of the software I normally use. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new machine running before the end of the month.
I do have some recent pictures I was able to capture of a current papier mache project. Since I don't have a main computer for design work, my focus might be shifting to mache stuff in the meantime. I'll probably follow up with a post as soon as I can get the photos processed.