Mask Project Updates and Official Collab is Live!



The winter is upon us and things are busy around the studio. I've got some updates on the wearable mask project as well as some new things we have in the works.

Faces with Skin


Faces Attached

Final Skin and Initial Painting

These shots show the progression from the separate mask components before they come together. As I showed before, this mask will have two faces on each side. The overall design of the faces ended up being more monstrous or demonic and gave them contrasting color schemes so they wouldn't look too similar, After the cloth skin and paint was applied, I taped each face to the sides of the main mask and secured them with hot glue. I then went and applied the final cloth skin to the mask to seal everything together. The last shot shows the piece with the cloth and the start of the painting process. My first layer was black to accent the areas around the eyes and horns. The final shots of this piece will be the completed mask. I'd like to get some high-quality shots so it might be a little while since I need to make some arrangements with a photographer. If it looks like that will take too long, I'll put some interim photos up in the meantime.

New Project Launches: The Core Fleet Collab

I mentioned a few posts back that we're officially collaborating with Meltpixel who does Perler sprites over on DA. Our official collab project will be a set of pixel sprites of my Core Fleet series which are several elemental themed ship emblems. The first one, Earthen Core has already been uploaded on Meltpixel's DA. Check it out here.

That's it for now. I'm hoping to have some more updates on some other things soon. I'm currently working on a couple new papier mache pieces that are in various phases. I'll also be uploading new emblems per the usual.